- Grade: Administrative support - FG I, Function Group 1, Contract Agent
- Organization: Transforming Rural India Foundation (TRI)
- Location : Raipur
- Close Date : 2023-09-24
- Analysis of financial outlay detailing the requirements of credit, grants and investment as well as an analysis of existing schemes that can be leveraged.
- Development of innovative financing mechanisms, and scoping of financing opportunities to fill the gaps identified through the preceding analysis
- Support with identification and prioritization of key barriers in restoration through robust methodological approach that includes policy review, consultations, key person interviews, and co-organize Restoration Dialogues with key stakeholders.
- Work closely with stakeholders for monitoring, reporting, and verification for all the above activities. Support in grant reporting and other project management activities as required by the donor.
- To facilitate convergence of public funds for landscape restoration implementation like MGNREGS, watershed programs, livelihoods mission and ensure correspondence from the state government designating the district collector / CEO-ZP as the nodal officer
- Co-organize restoration dialogues in identified states with participation of key experts and government stakeholders resulting in discussion and recognition of agroforestry as a critical intervention for landscape restoration and more synergistic convergence of public funds like MGNREGS for landscape restoration
- Support TRI’s nudge units embedded within state departments with engagement protocols (e.g., protocols of engagement based on grassroots planning involving the Panchayati Raj Institutions and the women self-help groups) with the departments and key functionaries to discuss and take forward restoration dialogues for overcoming policy barriers.
- Work closely with Rural Development Department, ensure timely issue of relevant guidelines, office orders, design special schemes to support the climate restoration work through nature-based solutions in their districts
- Thorough Understanding of INRM, the structural and vegetative interventions for INRM
- Knowledge of INRM planning process with the village institutions. Usage of different maps for INRM planning
- Excellent understanding of Women Self Help groups and associated tiers, NRLM structure of organization and management of SHG system
- Experience of engaging with MGNREGA, and its role in Rural development, it’s functioning and important functionaries, INRM relate activities that can be taken under MGNREGA
- Experience of convergence of schemes executed by government departments like Agriculture, Soil conservation, Rural Development, NRLM, Tribal Welfare, NABARD etc
- Building data and policy insights, developing fact sheets and cross -sectional data analysis
- Post-graduate degree in a field related to forestry, natural resource management, ecology or another related field of study with 8 or more years of experience relevant to this position,
- Experience with the management of large projects in the conservation/forestry/natural resource/ watershed sector
- Experience understanding of topics related to forests, conservation, watershed and people in Central India
- Experience understanding of the principles and practice of integrated landscape approaches to restoration (i.e., both within and outside forests)
- Experience of bringing in innovations especially around bridging convergence gaps, improving efficiency, capacity building and monitoring
- Excellent reading and writing skills in Hindi and English
Thank you for your valuable time and showing your interest in our organization!
How to ApplyWe do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.