ASLO is an Afghan non-governmental, non-political, non-profit and non-partisan organization and has the status of legal entity. The organization was informally established in 2012 and was officially registered with the ministry of economy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in 2013.
ASLO is Currently working in the Following sectors in Afghanistan:
• Humanitarian aid
• Agriculture and livestock.
• Wash and Sanitation
• Health& nutrition
• Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
• Rural development and social protection.
• Child protection
• Research and Survey project performance and evaluation, training and capacity development.
• Gender equality/equity.
• Food security
• Emergency response and supporting refugees and IDPs and returnees.
• Legal Aid and access to justice.
- Examining records, reports, receipts, or other documents and comparing them to ASLO assets and liabilities.
- collating, checking and analysing spreadsheet data.
- Recording, reviewing, and interpreting data to determine the effectiveness of operations.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to ASLO's leadership.
- Create a report of each project to provide context for the findings, and implement procedures as required to perform Financial and Operational audits.
- Plan and perform internal control audits to ensure internal controls are properly designed and functioning to provide reasonable assurance.
- Prepare formal audit reports to communicate audit results to the leadership.
- Design, implement, and maintain internal audit procedures and risk assessment processes.
- Prepare audit findings, write audit reports, and develop recommendations.
- Ensure to adhere to Financial Handbook, ASLO policies, donor and auditor requirements.
- Audit overall budget control and monitor cash flows.
- Developing strategies that work to minimize financial risk.
- checking that financial reports and records are accurate and reliable.
- Maintaining awareness of ASLO trends and developments.
- Handling additional duties and special projects to ensure the financial tasks are operating efficiently and in compliance with all current regulations.
- examining ASLO accounts and financial control systems.
- ensuring that assets are protected.
- preparing reports, commentaries and financial statements.
- ensuring procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are correctly followed and complied with.
- undertaking reviews of wages.
- Strong understanding of accounting, banking laws, regulations, and internal controls.
- Able to use QuickBooks online, excel, and fluency in English is required.
- Experience of working with NGOs is highly preferred.
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related fields.
- 4 years of experience in a similar position with national and international NGOs.
How to Apply
Interested applicants submit their Curriculum vitaes via (firstname.lastname@example.org) noting the position title in the subject line i.e. “Internal Audit (Control) Officer- Kabul-002” Otherwise applications will not be considered. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the written test and/or interview. If you are not contacted two or three weeks after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.