- Grade: Junior level - Junior
- Organization: Malteser International
- Location : Ankara
- Close Date :
Malteser International (MI) is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, we support people in need – regardless of their religion, origin, or political convictions.
MI has been registered in Türkiye since 2014 and has since built up its own office structure. MI now has two offices in southeastern Türkiye (Kilis and Gaziantep). The Malteser InternationaI team provides technical guidance and oversees management and administration of the partner-implemented projects in Türkiye and Northern Syria. MI is responsible for the procurement of the main medical supplies in Türkiye, the reporting and application as well as the quality assurance. In addition to the implementation of humanitarian and transitional aid projects, Malteser International´s strategic objective is the strengthening of the civil society structures in Türkiye and Syria. Malteser International focuses in Northwestern Syria and Türkiye on the sectors of health, livelihood, protection as well as social cohesion.
For its work in Northwestern Syria and Türkiye, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Senior Supply Chain Officer – National Position.
As you will be part of the Logistics Department, you will navigate the logistics and procurement processes to support the organization’s operations and programming in Northwestern Syria and Türkiye.
- Manage tenders, select providers, and negotiate optimal terms for medical/non-medical supplies
- Adhere to MI & Turkish regulations, guarantee transparency, and vet suppliers thoroughly
- Maintain an updated database and verify data accuracy
- Track procurement requests, delivery statuses, and report activities using specific templates
- Develop procurement plans, identify potential vendors, and analyze information for informed decision-making
- Ensure transparency throughout the procurement cycle and prevent conflicts of interest
- Assist partners with MI Logistic Guidelines and actively participate in relevant trainings
- Handle any other relevant tasks assigned by the Logistics Manager
- A bachelor's degree Business Administration or any relevant field
- At least 4 years of proven experience in Logistics / Procurement/Supply Chain department in (i)ngo setting
- Fluent in both Turkish and English languages, speaking and writing; Arabic is an advantage
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and the ability to work effectively across a wide variety of cultural contexts
- Hardworking with strong communication skills
What we offer:
- A responsible and exciting job in a committed, international working environment
- A well-equipped workplace in Gaziantep and/or Kilis
- A full-time position limited until mid-2024 with the option of extension
- Adequate compensation according to MI Salary Scale
Working for Malteser International
Malteser International is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession or origin.
Malteser International is committed to safeguarding people within our programmes from exploitation, abuse and sexual harassment and has specific policies on this commitment (including a Code of Conduct) which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, consultants and other organisational representatives. Malteser International conducts reference and background checks for all staff (including criminal records check for specific roles). Any candidate offered a job with Malteser International will be expected to sign MI’s Code of Conduct as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
Whether you work as a specialist on overseas service or in one of our regional offices - we offer you a challenging working environment in an experienced international team. More than 1,000 national and international staff are currently deployed in various crisis and disaster areas around the world as well as in our regional offices in Cologne and New York City. For more information please click here.
How to ApplyWe do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization's page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.