Established in August 2002, WADAN is an indigenous, government registered NGO. We undertake community and institutional development, civic education, education, drug control, human rights, anti-corruption and child protection initiatives. WADAN is headquartered in the capital, Kabul, has offices in the provinces that provide national coverage. We have worked in all 34 provinces.
For details please visit our website at www.wadan.org
The Project Manager will lead the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of a cash distribution project in Badakhshan province. They will prepare detailed work plans and budgets, ensure timely and quality project delivery, provide technical guidance and support to staff, facilitate stakeholder engagement, implement beneficiary targeting and registration strategies, coordinate with financial service providers for cash transfers, manage project risks, prepare reports, and promote teamwork and inclusion among project staff. The manager must also ensure compliance with donor requirements and grant agreements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the cash distribution project in Badakhshan province
- Prepare detailed project work plans, budgets, and implementation schedules in collaboration with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure that project activities are delivered within the set timeline, budget, and quality standards
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervision of project implementation and provide technical guidance and support to project staff
- Ensure compliance with project grant agreement and donor requirements
- Facilitate engagement and coordination with local authorities, UNOCHA, and other relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the development and implementation of effective strategies for beneficiary targeting, identification, and registration
- Ensure efficient and effective delivery of cash transfers to project beneficiaries through coordination with financial service providers
- Identify and manage project risks and develop risk mitigation strategies
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate project reports to relevant stakeholders
- Promote teamwork, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion principles among project staff
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business administration, economics, public administration, or a related field
- A minimum of five years of progressive experience leading the implementation of cash transfer or humanitarian projects in similar contexts
- Experience in managing donor funds, preparing project work plans, and implementing projects within budget, deadline, and quality standards
- Robust skills in personnel management, project planning, coordination, and reporting
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and networking skills, including intercultural sensitivity
- Proven ability to work with and manage complex relationships with donors, government agencies, and local communities stakeholders
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles, international standards, and best practices in cash-based interventions and humanitarian programming
- Fluent in written and spoken English, with the ability to develop and present project reports and project-related information in a clear, concise, and effective manner.
How to Apply
WADAN is accepting applications from interested individuals. If you are interested in being considered, please submit your CV and cover letter via (firstname.lastname@example.org) noting the position title in the subject line i.e., Application for “Project Manager - W-109 ” or your application will not be considered. Only short-listed individuals will be contacted for a written test and after that for interview. If you are not contacted two or three weeks after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.
Please rename your CV as “Your Full Name+ Project Manager