Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) is one of the most comprehensive private, not‐for‐profit health care systems in the developing world with community health programs in large geographical areas in Central and South Asia, as well as in East Africa.
The Aga Khan Health Services, Afghanistan (AKHS, A) was established in 2003 as part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). AKHS, A provides health care services mainly on behalf of the government including the Ministry of Public Health’s of Afghanistan’s Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). AKHS, A is unique both in scale and scope, delivering critical health services along the continuum of care, from Community Health Workers (CHWs) to ISO certified hospital facilities.
Since 2003 AKHS, A is implementing Healthcare services in Bamyan, Baghlan and Badakhshan provinces. The agency’s scope of work includes the provision of primary and secondary Healthcare, Preventive and curative medical care, Nursing and Midwifery education, Human Resources Development and Hospital Management. The current working modality and role of AKHS, A in Bamyan and Badakhshan provinces as BPHS and EPHS implementer. AKHS, A provides technical support as well as capacity building of health personnel, immunization services, nutrition trainings and the training of Community Health Nurses and Community Health Midwifery.
AKHS, A tapped into internal and other donor fundings to continue supplementary and complementary supports to the national health system. Moreover, AKHS, A scale up AKDN innovations, including, expansions of e-Health services, e-learning initiatives, and cross border arrangements. To promote healthy environment, AKHS, A is implementing net zero and greenhouse gas emission.
- Develop action plan for implementation of the RMNCH activities on monthly/quarterly basis
- To assist/support the RMNCH services at the facility and community level in the selected districts.
- To assist/support project manager/technical officer on RMNCH related issues at the project level.
- Good supervision, monitoring and evaluation from HFs.
- To assist in developing, comprehensive supervisory check list for the supervision of the RMNCH activities.
- To conduct specific IUD insertion training for midwives at the project implementation site.
- To achieve the RMNCH objectives (ANC, PNC, FP and delivery) of Kabul AKHS,A.
- To conduct on the job training for midwives female doctors on regular basis.
- To assist the project Manager/Technical Officer in developing and adapting the RMNCH training materials for related issues.
- To facilitate training of CHWs (male and female) and HF members from the selected districts in RMNCH related trainings.
- To ensure the implementation of MNCH outreach activities are organized through the midwife’s tours for implementation of, and awareness raising for the communities about RMNCH services.
- To ensure regular supply of all health posts, PHCs, BHCs, CHCs and DHs in MCH related issues.
- To compile and analyse the RMNCH activities’ reports, from the health facilities and community and give proper feedback.
- To report on the issue related to RMNCH on regular basis.
Any other duties as may be required by the management.
Education: Medical Doctor (MD) Degree and/or Degree in Midwifery, having special trainings on RMNCH programs/services.
Having 4 years’ experience at the field of RMNCH with MD and 6 years of Experience with Degree in Midwifery.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Spoken and written English language skills.
- Able to work independently and can take initiative.
- Flexible team player.
Report writing, Training, Computer MS. Office, and fluency in English.
Be familiar with RMNCAH protocols and strategies of MoPH-RHD
RMNCAH Score Card analysis skill is preferable.
To be confident, agile and gender responsive.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants who are exactly suitable with above criteria are requested to send their applications + CVs and clearly mention the job title and vacancy number in the subject line: (RH-KBL) otherwise their application will not be considered.
Note: Applications are reviewed on active bases and after receiving sufficient eligible applications we may process the position before closing date.
Aga Khan Health Service, Afghanistan strives to promote diversity as well as provide an equal employment opportunity to each candidate, regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, language, marital status, origin, political affiliation, religion, sex, or social statuses.
Aga khan Health Service- Afghanistan is an equal opportunities employer. Female are encouraged to apply.
AKHS is concerned about the climate and environmental crises we face and is doing everything possible to reduce our own impact, encouraging others to do the same, and advancing understanding in this field. AKHS has set itself the task of getting as close to net-zero carbon operations as possible by 2030. We expect all staff to contribute to achieving these aims in the context of their roles. We encourage applicants with previous experience or an interest in this field to app.