About Organization of Human Welfare (OHW):
The Organization of Human Welfare (OHW) is a non-governmental organization (NGO) and is non-political, not-for-profit, and impartial organization with no bias towards a particular religion, ethnicity, or political belief. It has its own independent legal status and entity. OHW is registered with the Ministry of Economy in Kabul, Afghanistan (Registration No: 1014) and is a member of South West Afghanistan and Baluchistan Agency for Coordination (SWABAC), the coordinating body for NGOs in southern Afghanistan. The Managing Director of OHW also formally represents SWABAC in coordination meetings at the national level.
The poultry trainer will be responsible for checking the quality of poultry feed, coop construction, drinkers, feeder, age and types of hens and roasters. He/she will develop training materials and conducting trainings for poultry beneficiaries. He/she will be a technical person who guides the entire project staff and beneficiaries on the technical aspects of the project. His duty station will be at (Samangan, Takhar and Kunduz) provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Developing and maintain good relationships with local communities and project participants.
- Assist and train beneficiaries on best practices regarding the poultry farming to improve the quality and quantity of their production.
- Collect regular data regarding poultry production, productivity, feeding, vaccination, medication and poultry diseases needed for the project.
- Develop training materials for poultry training.
- Conduct training sessions for beneficiaries in target communities.
- Advice poultry owners on better use of feeds, housing, water, and other important aspects of layer chickens farming and poultry rearing.
- Prepare seasonal calendar of poultry activities for the district and province and train poultry owners on its usage.
- Coordinate closely with suppliers of poultry input materials during the supply phase of the project.
- Distribution of poultry packages to Male and female poultry beneficiaries.
- Various fieldwork including but not limited to conducting poultry trainings for local communities.
- Provide accurate information in a timely manner to the management team on topics and developments related to the poultry activities.
- Solve local technical poultry issues where possible and report on-going problems including outbreaks of diseases and poultry mortality.
- Assist with project participant registration and mobilization of communities prior to distributions and training activities.
- Regular reporting to project manager or direct supervisor.
- Coordinate with DAIL and other programs/ projects operating in the poultry sector in the province level.
- Assist other departments with field-level support tasks as required.
- Act as liaison and cooperate with other OHW activities in provincial level
- Participate in weekly meetings.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Bachelor degree to the relevant field
Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience
Experience in the Poultry trainer
Ability to arrange events and provide training
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter with updated CVs to OHW’s HR department- Vacancies@ohw.org.af
Applications must be received by OHW’s HR department on or before 4:00 pm on the 20 November 2023 and clearly indicate vacancy number and job title (Poultry trainer, V#590) in their email subject line. Applications received after the closing date and without proper subject will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview.