Kandahar Refugee Organization (KRO) is a national-level, non-political, non-profitable, non-governmental organization working for humanitarian and rehabilitation roots in Afghanistan. Further, KRO is an Afghan organization that is committed to the development of the local economy and building local capacity for sustainable development. Thus, we have an established specialized network in many provinces of the country in order to design, and implement related activities in the field of food security, research, capacity building, disaster management, and placement.
- Develop individualized education and intervention plans based on special needs of individuals to facilitate their readaptation and independence objectives
- Deliver a series of exercise classes and other activities for patients as required by the service and in line with service priorities.
- Provide advice in relation to intensity of activity to individuals within the classes/groups.
- Develop appropriate and relevant programmes of physical activity as a way of improving health and wellbeing and in line with service priorities.
- Provide limited health improvement advice (within clearly defined boundaries) which supports the care and education of patients.
- Monitor patient’s progress during classes/groups to ensure patient safety and effective work rate.
- Assess individuals in areas such as physical limitations, orientation and mobility skills, and cognitive, social and emotional barriers to establish rehabilitation or adaptation goals
- Assist individuals with physical, intellectual, visual and hearing disabilities or multiple disorders to develop life skills and provide job training
- Instruct individuals with disabilities and their families in the use of rehabilitative techniques, prosthetic devices, wheelchairs and other equipment designed to maximize individuals' independence and potential
- Instruct persons who are hard of hearing or deaf in lip-reading, finger spelling and sign language according to individual communication needs
- Instruct persons who are hard of hearing or deaf in the formation and development of sounds for speech using hearing aids, and other devices and techniques
- Collaborate with specialists, such as rehabilitation counsellors, speech-language pathologists and occupational therapists, to develop programs for individuals' special needs
- Monitor progress at regular intervals and in line with service protocols in order to ensure progression and improvement in fitness levels and functional capacity.
- Perform other relevant duties, as needed or requested.
- Graduated from a relevant college is preferred, 12th grade is required.
- Minimum three years’ work in community development programme, preferably work with
- disability or disability support organizations.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto written and spoken
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their applications along with copies of their CVs (NOT Educational and Work Certificates), to the attention of the Human Resources Department at the following website us on (kro-af.org) and link.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for an interview. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date, please know that your application has not been successful for the post.